Getting angel investment funding is not an easy way to get. As we know in 100 startups, only 5% of startups survive for more than 5 years. There are several reasons due to which startups fail to expand or grow. One of the main reasons is the money of course or lack of investment.
So if you are into startups and want to know how to get investment from Angel investors in India. This article will let you clarify all the doubts and questions.
Read More:- What is e-RUPI and how to use
What is Angel Investment?
Before going forward let’s clear who is Angel investors? Angel investor is the professional experienced people who invest money into a growing startup by checking various factors. Angel investors always choose the startup to invest in by understanding the product, potential of the team and product, future market, and much more. Angel investors are excited to nurturing business people who are chipping away at an item that may change the manner in which a specific industry or area works.
Angel investors can be anyone with some experience like Doctors, businessmen, Engineers, etc. And the investment done by Angel investors in a startup is called Angel investment.
Examples of some famous Angel Investors in India:-
1. Ranjan Anadan Managing Director – Sequoia Capital and former MD at Google India invested in Instamojo, Travelkhana, etc.
2. Ratan Tata Ex-Chairman Tata Industries invested in Xiaomi, UrbanClap, etc.
Why need angel investors to invest in startups
What exactly Angel Investors looking for to invest in Startup
- The main business problem solved by the startup is worthful. Is the particular startup can compete with others in the market?
- Investors always look at the leverage and solving power of the founding team of a startup. How far they can go to solve a problem?
- Does the founder have enough business knowledge?
- Is the problem really solved by a startup? will customers repeatedly come back or purchase the solution?
- Is the startup have a roadmap or plan for the next 8-12 months? If yes, how will it work?
We just listed some basic points to keep in mind before going to angel investors to invest. There are many other things that also depend on whether you will get an investment or not like the relationship between a startup and investors.
How to find Angel Investors for Startup
- Make a list of angel investors that comes into your niche like if your startup belongs to the e-commerce category then Ratan Tata should be on your list.
- Always good to have some insights by launched a minimum viable product(MVP) already in the market. This is good for you to show in front of investors.
- There are many online websites where you can find the list of angel investors in India.
- You can use social media to reach out to investors like Linkedin, Twitter.
- Must and Always use email as the first way to contact investors.
- Connect with incubators.
- You can go for private firms that help to connect with angel investors.