According to the current scenario of COVID, that does not seem to have an end as this virus becomes more dangerous to society and the economy in every corner of the world. But Vaccines are almost made in most of the big countries. Hopefully, these dark times will soon leave behind. In such a case, Artificial Intelligence will help to solve big problems in different sectors. Today in this blog we will be going to know about the current status of Artificial intelligence in India in 2021. After this article, you will get to know what will be the future of Artificial Intelligence in India
As we know Mr. Narendra Modi said that “Technology is evolving at such a fast pace that very soon artificial intelligence will dominate our way of life.”
The government of India already realized the importance of artificial intelligence in India
that’s why they launched an India Ai website
fully devoted to AI news in India
, AI initiatives in India
Some of AI Initiative in India taken by NITI Aayog
AI Initiatives in India in 2017
- Artificial Intelligence Task Force was formed by the Commerce and Industry Department, Government of India (GoI) that focuses on India’s economic transformation.
- One of the state governments of India announced Kaizala as a platform for its citizen-connect program to enable large-group communications and work management.
AI Initiatives in India in 2018
- NITI Aayog and ABB India signed a statement of intent (SoI) to incorporate the latest developments in robotics and AI.
- Invest India and the UAE Minister for AI signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- NITI Aayog and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) started cooperation to set up ICTAI in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
AI Initiatives in India in 2019
- Another national program for the advancement of AI was reported in the Interim Budget 2019.
- NITI Aayog propelled AI 4 All Global Hackathon to advance mindfulness and create answers to address the foundation challenges, without settling on the information protection while preparing the AI calculations.
AI Initiatives in India in 2020
- In the month of Feb 2020, A workshop held by NITI Ayog to India’s AI Future. The main theme for this workshop was AI For ALL.
- In the same month, the NITI Ayog introduced of Artificial Intelligence module for the children with the help of big giants like Microsoft, Wipro, etc.
- Because of covid, our government more encourage and invite startup to collaborate against covid to make something innovative and new to fight with these tough times.
- NITI Ayog also organized a global summit RAISE( Responsible AI for Social Empowerment) with the collaboration of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Niti Aayog suggests investing 7500 crores to boost Artificial intelligence in India. This investment focuses on AI research in India majorly in 5 sectors in India i.e. healthcare, agriculture, education, smart cities, and infrastructure, smart mobility, and transportation.
Artificial Intelligence Research In Multiple Sectors in India
AI in Indian Healthcare Sector
In India, It is reported that the Indian government is very far behind in spending on healthcare than other countries. But now India Government realized how AI helps to make a better healthcare system in India.
The utilization of AI in the Indian Healthcare sector is helping address issues of high boundaries to access to social insurance offices, predominantly in country zones that experience the ill effects of helpless web availability and restricted gracefully of human services(doctors) experts.
This can be unraveled by the use of AI in India in the healthcare sector part through the execution of utilization cases, for example, virtual help, customized treatment, early recognizable proof of likely pandemics, imaging diagnostics among others.
AI in Indian Agriculture Sector
All hold the guarantee of driving a food upset and dissolving the expanded interest for food worldwide need to deliver half more food and take into account 2 billion additional individuals by 2050 when contrasted with today. This should be the first priority for AI initiatives in India in 2021. It additionally can possibly address the difficulties, for example, deficient interest expectation, absence of guaranteed water system, and abuse of pesticides.
Indian government try to start new initiatives toward taking care of the future of AI in Indian agriculture.
Some utilization cases remember enhancements for crop field through continuous warning, the investigation of soil properties, advance identification of vermin assaults, and expectation of harvest costs to educate planting rehearses. So these are basic solutions to improve with the help of AI to the Indian agriculture sector.
AI In Indian Education Sector
Man-made intelligence can conceivably settle quality and access issues see in the Indian instruction part. Potential use cases incorporate enlarging and improving the learning experience through customized getting the hang of, mechanizing and speeding up managerial undertakings, and foreseeing the requirement for understudy intercession to lessen dropout and suggest professional preparation. AI in the Education sector of India will be at its peak in the upcoming future for sure.
AI in the Indian Smart Mobility Sector
Potential Use cases incorporate self-ruling armadas for ride-sharing, semi-self-governing, for example, drive help and prescient motor observing and upkeep. Different regions that AI in the Indian Smart Mobility Sector can affect self-governing shipping and conveyance and improve traffic the board.
Overall, the Indian government is planning to spend a lot of amount on the Advancement of Artificial intelligence in India to boost and improve the multiple sectors of India. The AI industry can grow up to $880.5 million by 2023.
AI will help a lot in every possible way to grow the country’s economy too. By these initiatives take by Niti Aayog it can be clearly seen that the Indian government is serious about the future of Artificial Intelligence in India.
Hope the Indian Government will take it new heights because the future of AI in India is in their hands.