Little contribution from your side can financially help your favorite YouTuber. On this page, we will get to know about How to donate on Youtube. Sometimes, youtube videos help us a lot, At that time we want to support that YouTuber, but due to lack of information about donation on youtube, we have to leave sadly, right!.
This is why I thought to share with you so that you can donate on youtube. You can also donate to other live-stream apps like Twitch and Vimeo. Twitch is gaining popularity day by day as Twitch content creators show their live streams while they are playing a video game, women are cooking food, the musician is creating music and much more, if you want to donate on twitch you can easily do that. This is how you can donate on Twitch.
Read More: How to donate on twitch
Now, let’s come to know about the donation process on the youtube channel
Youtube allows fans to fund their favorite YouTubers and this is appropriately titled “Fan Funding”. But “Fan Funding” is not automatically added on youtube channels, Youtubers explicitly have to add on their youtube channels if they want to get support in terms of money from their subscribers, or fans.
But youtube has some policies or we can say eligibility criteria to add a fund-collecting button on their channel. Only Eligible channels can fundraise for nonprofits by adding the donate button to their videos and live streams. Viewers can donate directly on the video watch page or in live chat.
Donate to a nonprofit with YouTube Giving
Basically, there are two ways to donate on Youtube. Here they are:
How to Donate on YouTube Channels
People can donate their favorite channels in two ways. The first one is called by Donate Button and another is Live Chat Donations.
How to donate using Donate Button
Eligible youtube channels can enable the donate button displayed next to their videos and live streams. Watchers can donate to youtube channels, follow the steps below.
First of all, find a video attached with donate button, then:
- Select DONATE.
- Select the amount of money you want to donate and press CONTINUE.
- Choose your payment mode/method.
- Click DONATE and then DONE.
Don’t worry about your personal info, The nonprofit and the YouTube creator won’t see your personal info.
Once, your payment has been processed you will get a receipt in your email.
How to donate with Live Chat Donations
Live Chat Donations has now converted into Super Chat for Good for live chat donations. When a video creator/ YouTuber is fundraising on a live stream and has turned on live chat, you will be able to see the Donate button in the chat.
To donate through Super Chat:
- Press Donate within the live chat. Don’t forget to enable portrait mode to see the live chat on mobile.
- Choose a donation amount according to your pocket or select Other to enter a different value.
- If you want to show your username or identity publicly, select I want my donation to be public in the live chat. Or else, your donation amount will show as “Anonymous.”
- Now, DONATE.
- To finish your donation, follow the on-screen instructions.
A successfully payment processed receipt will be sent to your email.
Here are the eligibility criteria, to set up the fundraising button on your youtube channel.
- Your YouTube Channel is based in the United States, United Kingdom, or Canada
- Channel must have at least 10k subscribers
- Channel is a part of the YouTube Partner Program
- Channel must not be created only for kids.
So, this is how subscribers and fans can donate on youtube videos as well as youtube live streams. Now, it’s your turn to show some support for their favorite creators.