Have you switched to iPhone from Android and worried about your WhatsApp data? So, you are in the very right place, in this article, we going to tell you “How to transfer WhatsApp data from android to iPhone.
Whatsapp has become an essential tool in our day-to-day life but the switching of phones also can not be neglected, so in this case, what are some ways to transfer the Whatsapp messages from android to iPhone safely.
Most android users want to switch to iPhone but they are worried about WhatsApp, now you need not worry about it anymore as this article will let you know how to transfer WhatsApp to the new iPhone.
Apple and Android have announced to safely port the WhatsApp data from one phone to another one.
But for now, this feature is available only for Beta users, slowly it will be available for all the normal users.
About this transferring data CEO of the company, Mark Zuckerberg said “We’re adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption. This is a top requested feature. We launched the ability to switch from iPhone–>Android last year, and now adding Android–>iPhone as well,”
And they believe that this feature will be supported by the users as today, Whatsapp is present almost in every smartphone.
Till now, users could save or take backup of their WhatsApp data on Google Drive On Android, while on iOS it is backed up to the iCloud, and there’s no compatibility between the two.
To transfer your Whatsapp data you must download the Apple’s Move to iOS app, which is available on the Google Play Store.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone
Here we will see how to transfer WhatsApp to the new iPhone without losing even a single message.
According to Company’s FAQ page, a user can transfer his/her WhatsApp data from android to iPhone by doing this:
- The very first need is to install the Move to iOS app on your Android phone which is available on Google play store. Make sure that you are using an updated or modern version of WhatsApp iOS version 18.104.22.168 or above on your new device. On Android, the WhatsApp must be at least 22.214.171.124 or plus.
- Make sure that you are not changing your phone number on the new phone. Your iPhone must be factory new or reset to factory settings.
- Whatsapp requires, that both devices should be connected to a power source and on the same Wi-Fi connection. Or else the Android device will have to be connected to the iPhone’s hotspot.
- Now, open the ‘Move to iOS’ app on your android device and follow each of the instructions given on the screen, one by one.
- On the Transfer Data screen, choose Whatsapp. and Tap on Start, on your Android phone now you are needed to wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You’ll automatically be signed out from your Android phone as soon as the data is prepared.
- Click Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Now, Press on Continue button to transfer WhatsApp data from your Android device to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Now, it’s time to install the latest version of Whatsapp on your new iPhone. Once the installation is completed, open the app and log in with the same phone number.
- Tap Start when prompted, and allow the process to complete. Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
And this is it, you have successfully transfer Whatsapp messages from android to iPhone.
According to WhatsApp, the data you have just transferred from your old device to a new device doesn’t save on the cloud, until the user creates an iCloud backup. And point to be noted here is that the Android phone will still have your data unless you delete WhatsApp.
People Also Read: BTS Concert in India 2022