Traveling by metro train has become a part of our day-to-day life in cities like Delhi, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Chennai, Banglore, etc. One who daily travels by metro can have a metro card which you have to recharge from time to time. But now in our rushing life, we don’t have time to stand in a queue for a MetroCard recharge. In this case, we can use several third-party Metro Card recharge apps.
Without recharging your metro card, you are not able to travel by metro and this situation can be very panic for you. That’s why we have planned to share a list of the top 5 best apps to recharge metro cards city-wise.
So, without any further delay let’s see below what are the top 5 metro card recharge apps are available to recharge from home, office, etc.
Metro Card Recharge Apps
Following is a descriptive list of the 5 best metro card recharge apps, whatever your city is, you can see and use that app for recharging your metro card. So that, your metro journey never stops.
1. Delhi Metro Card recharge app
For purchasing a new Delhi Metro users can get a new metro card for Rs 150 including a refundable security amount of Rs 50. once you purchased a MetroCard of Delhi metro, the minimum value for recharge is Rs 200 and goes up to Rs 3,000.
Validity of Delhi Metro Card
Delhi Metro Card allows you to use it for up to 10 years, after ten years you will have to renew it, or else you can buy a new card. Follow these steps to do Delhi metro card recharge online.
How to recharge Delhi Metro card online
- Go to the official Delhi Metro Rail portal
- Enter the 12-digit card ID and amount
- Verify the captcha and click on ‘Continue’
- Make payment through your debit card, credit card, net banking, or Paytm, you can select any one of these options.
- Go to Add Value Machine (AVM) at the metro station and complete the topup
- Booyah! it’s done.
2. Mumbai Metro Card recharge app
Mumbai metro is running by more than 2 leads including Reliance Infrastructure (69 percent), MMRDA, (26 percent), and Veolia Transport RATP Asia, France (5 percent). Reliance Infrastructure provides users the facility to recharge their Mumbai metro card. This is how users can recharge their Mumbai metro card online.
How to recharge Mumbai Metro card online
- Surf the Mumbai Metro Instacharge portal
- Enter the Smart Card (CSC) number, on the back of the card you will find it
- Confirm the number by re-entering.
- Verify the captcha code and click ‘Confirm’
- On the next page, Enter the recharge amount
- Select your desired payment option and click on ‘Recharge’ to proceed.
- Enter your credentials including name, email id, and phone number
- Choose from credit card, debit card, and net banking
- now, very close you are, Make the payment
- You can now validate the topup from any of the metro station ticket vending machines after two hours
Always remember that the Mumbai metro card must have a Rs 5 minimum remaining balance to be able to recharge online.
3. Banglore Metro Card recharge app- Google Pay
How To Recharge Metro Card Via Google Pay
Users can also Follow the UPI-based applications to charge a metro card. This is how you can recharge a metro card using Google Pay.
Step 1: Go to the Google Pay app to make sure you have already installed and linked it with your bank account.
Step 2: For recharging the Banglore Metro card, the user is required to go to the ‘Bills and other payment‘ section then selects ‘Metro.’
Step 3: Banglore metro is also called Namma, so select the Namma/Banglore Metro and follow the complete recharge process to recharge your Bangalore Metro card using Google Pay.
4. Metro Card recharge app- Paytm
Paytm offers two procedures that can be used to recharge a metro card. Either you can use the mobile app or you can directly visit Paytm website and then make recharge.
Here we are consulting through the mobile application.
Recharge metro card through Paytm application
- Open the Paytm application, make sure you already have installed it on your smartphone.
- Click on ‘Recharges & Bill Payments
- Now, tap ‘View More’ and select ‘Metro recharge’
- Choose the metro whatever you want to be recharge and click on ‘Smart Card Recharge’
- Next, fill up the card number (on the back of your metro card) and the amount
- Once done, click on ‘Proceed’ to recharge the metro card
5. Metro Card recharge app- Phonepe
Phonepe also serves you with the functionality of metro card recharge like Google pay, Paytm, Amazon pay, etc.
Here is how to recharge a metro card via PhonePe:
- Open the PhonePe app on your phone, make sure to download it already, and also it should be linked to your bank account.
- on the main page, click on see all under the PhonePe Switch section
- You will see a new screen with several categories, click on ‘Taxi&Metro’.
- Choose your desired metro from the given list.
- Next, click on Add & Recharge Metro card.
- Enter your Smart metro card number and with your other credentials such as name, recharge amount, etc.
- Enter the UPI pin and make your payments.
- Once the entire process has been done, tap your smart card on Automatic Vending Machine (AVM) to complete the recharge.
Instead of standing in a long queue, we can smartly recharge our metro card for the endless journey by metro, we have told you the above are the city-wise apps to recharge a metro card but if you don’t want to use these apps, you can directly recharge from Phonepe and Amazon Pay, also these apps allow you to check the balance of your metro card.
read more: Bhailanguage complete info